vendredi, juillet 27, 2007

i'ma headed "home."

Well, I'm heading back to Edmonton. I put home in quotations, because Edmonton isn't really home. Toronto is home. I don't want to think about it. I'm scared.

This past week, however, has been GREAT!!! Some highlights included amazing sessions by my FAVOURITE preacher, Mark Driscoll, hanging out with new friends and old friends, going mountain biking, and EATING lunch with two of my friends and MARK DRISCOLL (and his administrative assistant). Could life BE better?

Going back to Edmonton is going to be hard. I'll be going to a place where I have few Christian friends, and definitely no close Christian friends. I'll be going to a place where my mother hates what I am doing with my life, and where arguments are sure to come and are sure to be frequent. I'll be going to a place where the ONLY way to live is to live it through the workings of the Holy Spirit.

It's going to be a lonely, refining time.

3 commentaires:

Jess Versteeg a dit...

YOU HAD LUNCH WITH MARK DRISCOLL? Wow. You just jumped 100 cool points in my books.

Emily Morrice a dit...

Driscoll... simply stunning. I only WISH!
Be encouraged... we serve the little David who conquored Goliath (see your inbox for more info)

Justin Alm a dit...

Lydia, I've never heard this Crisco guy preach. Are you sure he's all he's cracked up to be?;) Concerning Edmonton, I pray your time there is better then you're expecting.