vendredi, août 24, 2007

Missing.

I was just talking on msn with a friend. She was talking about how there's a staff barbecue tomorrow in Toronto, and how she's not super excited because she likes small group gatherings more. On one hand, I totally understood her; I'm not a large group gathering person either.
On the other hand, I couldn't help feeling jealous. I wish I could explain the isolation I feel, being out here in Edmonton. The past couple of weeks have been a lot better in terms of loneliness. I've been hanging out with some high school girlfriends, and that's always nice. A lot of them are leaving for school though, either this week or next week. I hung out once with a staff couple, which also proved to be nice. I realize though, that other than hanging out with this staff couple once, and hanging out with a friend of mine from Toronto, who seems to be here a lot for work, I've had almost no Christian fellowship.

I don't remember the last time I sat in a group with people and talked about the Bible. Must've been at staff conference, which was about a month ago.

The loneliness has dissipated a bit; I'm getting used to it, and hanging out with high school friends has been sweet. But it's definitely NOT the same as sitting in fellowship with people who love Jesus.

I miss talking about Him with people who also know Him.

I miss sitting and having someone pull out a guitar to worship.

I miss going to church on Sundays and feeling excited to meet God with people I love.

I miss corporate prayer.

I miss seeing Jesus through the combined lenses of His followers.

1 commentaires:

Sid S. a dit...

part of the reason why i'm kinda scared of going to north africa... being ripped apart from fellow Christian believers. i'm glad i'm going with a good team... but still... i like lots and lots of people.