mercredi, octobre 10, 2007

Hot 10, because it's the 10th day of the 10th month...and because it's my blog and i can blog if i want to!

Ten hot things in no particular order:

{10}
Hot Type: Stilla by François Boltana, published by Elsner and Flake, 1973.
This font is SOO hot, I seriously drool. It's definitely gonna make it into my next newsletter.
I've linked the linotype Stilla, rather than the EF Stilla...but close enough for you to understand how HOT this typeface is.


(Let's be honest though...the hottest font out there is STILL Helvetica)

{9}
Hot Purses: Matt and Nat. Yes. Hotness! Vegan purses/Wallets which ought to make anyone swoon. I own the one on the far left (Mooj in Plum)...just a small wallet...But someday, I'm gonna find me a boy who'll buy me se7en (1st one, bottom row). *hehe* Or..maybe I'll just save up for it.


{8}
Hot Song: East to West. From the latest Casting Crowns Album.


{7}
Hot Project: These coasters, done by Claire Milne are beyond cute! I cannot wait to make these for my new home!




{6}
Hot Blog: Go fug yourself. We all have to learn from someone's mistakes. In this case, fashion mistakes.


{5}
Hot Mini-Trend: Kelly Green. Okay, so for awhile, back in '05 everyone was asking me why I was embraced in a passionate love affair with Kelly Green. Somehow, I managed to get my paws on two pairs of kelly green shoes.... turns out, Kelly Green is now a mini-trend in the design world, and you better believe it...i am patting myself on the back for being 2 years ahead of the trend.




{4}
Hot(test) Vehicle Ever: Okay, so I've totally blogged this before.... but... dude, how can one NOT drool? Yes. I am saving up to buy this baby.






{3}
Hot TV Clip: Ahh, I'm in love with The Office...and I love this clip. Her expression is priceless.




{2}
Hot Book: Knowing God by JI Packer. It's just filled with such great nuggets of truth.


{1}
Hot Children's books: Okay, so all summer, I've been re-reading books from my youth. Throughout my childhood, I absolutely loved ANYTHING by Enid Blyton. Every summer since university, I've come home and re-read portions of my Enid Blyton collection. They're STILL as good and as exciting as when I was 8 years old. My dear friend, Aban, will wholeheartedly agree with me! So, if you're looking for a great children's author..or a light (very) and fluffy read for yourself...check Ms. Blyton out. She's a 20th century marvel!



{-1} Hot Site: Why is it that I always find amazing sites when they're on hiatus? I'm sticking this one up despite it's current "on hiatus" status, because..well, 10+1 really is 11, and if I'm already breaking this rule..well why not take it one step further.

7 commentaires:

Silas a dit...

wow that font site is pretty awesome! good find!

Jess Versteeg a dit...

ooh i love mat & nat too. For a long time I had the Newsstand wallet in pink. But then It wasn't big enough so last month I bought the similar one - 737. So cute. Also, I totally loved the Famous Five books when I was younger too. I feel like I might have to steal your idea. Looks like you just started(/restarted) a meme!

lowonthego a dit...

silas: hehe, we can be font buddies. i'm actually heading to chapters today to check out this font book that i have my eye on. We'll see if it's any good!


jess: AHHHH NO WAY. I really wanted the 737...but alas, no money. What colour do you have it in???

Unknown a dit...

*sigh* I love the Office too.
That was a fantastic moment.
I remember watching it with Beth Fisher and then squealing like a bunch of school girls.
So good.

Jesskah a dit...

Lydia, you inspire me and most of the time I don't even know to what. See you at WC!

lowonthego a dit...

jesskah...

donc. is winter conference the next time i'm gonna see you and whitties?


NOOOOO.

Jesskah a dit...

I feel probablement yes.