dimanche, octobre 07, 2007

picture in my mind//let's talk jeans.

i have a picture in my mind.

a self-portrait.

i want to get'er done, but i lack some essential things.

i need a pair of grey sweatpants.
a completely white or off-white wall (textureless).
hardwood flooring.

if you can help me out..... let me know.

i think my former ballet studio has something like that. but.... i can't very well just march up there and take a pic.

maybe a house?

***

So being 5'2 and larger than a stick means that it is very hard to find a pair of jeans that fit. Jeans are generally not made for short people. So, you might say, 'Why not hem?' Well, if you hem, then the wash gets totally thrown off, unless you get a one-colour wash. I like dark wash jeans with slight fading and abrasion.Not too much abrasion. There's a reason the 90s went out of fashion. Also, hemming, unless done by a good tailor, sometimes looks tacky, unless you get the original hem re-attached. I'm picky.

Gap used to have AMAZING sizing. I could walk in, pick up a pair of 8 ankle (synonymous with 8 short) and walk out and KNOW that they'd fit. Then, they changed things, and their 8 ankle is too big and even their ankle sizes are too long.

This was VERY sad. I still wear a pair of Gap jeans I bought on montreal project 2005. That was before the sizing change.

BUT...today, my parents took me shopping. I was in need of a pair of jeans. I didn't think I'd be in Edmonton till October, so I didn't bring much clothing for the now-cold weather. I walked into a store, feeling rather dubious. Everything fits small in this store and it generally does not cater to short and rather stout people (a.k.a. me). BUT, they had SHORT sizes!!! I fit the FIRST pair I tried on! This has NEVER happened! MIRACLE! They're SUPER soft too.

Oh, and they don't ride low, but still hang at the hips and not the waist! MAGIC!

That is the end of my jeans story. Sorry for boring the public, but if you are 5'2, then you understand why this story is epic and worthy of an epic saga-like blog.


1 commentaires:

stephanie a dit...

whoa. NOT boring information..... earth-shattering, important news for fellow short stout people!!! *raises hand*

SEE YOU NEXT WEEEEEEK! (I have made next to no plans for Edmonton yet.... oh but plans shall be made to see lydia!!)