mercredi, février 20, 2008

bizarre afternoon.

Today, I had a bizarre walk home from campus. I just felt this sudden swarm of compassion for the broken and hurting. I cried for a coworker out east whose baby has a chromosome defect (a deletion of chromosome 7Q). I cried for a guy I have never met, but whose blog I read on a constant basis. I cried for all the suffering that is so prevalent in our world and all the trials that people go through.

It was a weird moment. I'm not sure what brought it on. I just felt this sudden surge of compassion and urgency to pray.

And I thought to myself, "Wow, when His kingdom comes, what a sweet day it will be."

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

What a bizarre post! But thanks for sharing it. Honestly!

Angelic Engineer a dit...

I can relate, and cherish those moments of overwhelming compassion.