vendredi, février 15, 2008

on crafts and valentine's day.

Well, happy valentine's day, all ye faithful blogstalkers/blogroll buddies! Hope it was a good one! Mine turned out to be quite the packed day.... but with nothing remotely romantic....and not even ro_ _ _tic (romantic without the man)!!

A couple of highlights.
1. i saw a guy come to Christ today!
2. i got a five and a half journal in the mail today!!
3. i made gocco valentines day cards.

Expound:

1. i hopped over to McGill today and took a girl who had only been sharing once before out on the campus. We talked to a guy, who had grown up "Christian" but didn't really GET it. When we went through the four laws, he kept nodding. Initially, he didn't think someone could get to know God personally. But at the end, he said he had never prayed the "sinners prayer" before....and that it reflected the desire of his heart! Cool beans.

2. Every month, I treat myself to something nice. I really like supporting independent artists/crafters/businesses. Last month, I saw the five and a half journals and i just FELL in LOVE with them! So this month, I put in an order for one. It came within two weeks! And the wonderful owner, and journal maker, Judy, even put in an extra postcard AND handwrote me a little note!! if you're ever looking for a blank journal guys, seriously, order from her! This little journal feels FANTASTIC in my hands.

3. Instead of going out tonight, like I had originally planned, I stayed home, reveled in sweet aloneness and made Valentine's Day cards. Yes, late, I know. But everyone loves a random card, even if it is months late. I figure, i still owe some people Christmas presents. DISGUSTING. I know. I love my gocco!!! I hope my bulb and filter order comes soon! I'm completely out of materials. (If you're wondering what the picture is.... It's a girl standing with a smiling heart (a human heart, not the shape of a heart) in the palm of her hand. It says happy heart day. Which is....quite punny. Props to my friend Shelly, who thought it up.

6 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

I don't get the pun. Happy Heart Day?

Also, you're allowed (as two girls) to approach a guy in sharing? We're not allowed to do that!

I'm pretty sure that he (and God) are glad you did, though.

Bye.

Jess Versteeg a dit...

exciting about the dude coming to CHrist - my housemate saw her friend from high school accept Christ yesterday. yay!

lowonthego a dit...

paulman: happy heart...you know...a smiling heart?
and....we usually approach girls, but we were rejected by all the girls..so we approached a guy. It's not a rule that we can't.... haha imagine that: "Girls are NOT allowed to share the gospel with guys." hmmm.

jess: whoa cool beans! which housemate!

Coralee a dit...

love what you're doing with the goco these days...very cool!

Justin Alm a dit...

These prints turned out great! It sounds like your Valentine's was great.

Sid S. a dit...

i would like to say that i have no problem getting my Christmas card AND v-day card in may.

je te kiffes!!!