jeudi, avril 24, 2008

on haircuts and pulling a monica.

Today, I went to get my haircut. It's been a long time coming. The last time I cut my hair was in October last year. I'd been holding off, hoping I could get it cut at my favourite salon in Toronto, and also, i was worried about explaining what I wanted in french. Sadly, lately it had just become completely unmanageable, and I couldn't fathom going another 2 months without a haircut.

So, off I went. I went to this great salon, and they had these beds that you lie on while they wash your hair. So there I was, getting this great scalp massage, when all of a sudden, in the bed next to me, I hear,

"oooH.. that's right. Right there. ugggh, ohhhhh."

Sex noises!!!

The woman next to me, who was also getting a scalp massage was making sex noises!!

It was VERY VERY highly disturbing and distracting. And I'd dare say, it kind of ruined my cranial massage experience.

Grr!

On the upside, the woman who did my hair was very nice. Even though she spoke in French, I feel like it was a good experience. I was able to explain everything I wanted..and I daresay, she did a great job. My hair feels so light!

Anyways, that is my story for the day. Moral being: if you are getting a massage, please don't pull a Monica and ruin it for the rest of us out there.


6 commentaires:

monica a dit...

Thanks for that slightly umm disturbing youtube video..hahaha.. when I read the title on this entry, my name caught my eye. Hahaha! My massage therapist does not get those kinds of reactions from anyone:S

PS: Your hair looks trim and fresh:) Go and impress those North Africans.

G.Choi a dit...

I like your hair Lyd!!!!! I'm sure you like it so much more than your last Montreal cut experience in Chinatown! LOL!

lowonthego a dit...

grrrrrr, don't even REMIND me of that horrible experience!!!!!!

monica (the girl above) was also on project when i got that terrible terrible haircut.

i STILL felt bitter walking in there the other day whilst waiting for choi.

GRR..

Jess Versteeg a dit...

i clicked the youtube link and then felt a little embarrassed cause my speakers were on loud.... i hope my housies don't think I was watching something actually sketch. awkward!

afro-chick a dit...

i likes it.
my hair on the other hand is an afroMonster.

stephanie a dit...

ooooh so pretty lyds!!

WHERE are you going?!?? how come i don't know about this?!