dimanche, août 03, 2008

18. B.D.I.

The first time I suspected that this might be the case was at the beginning of my second year of university. It was September the fifth, and I was standing at the bus stop, just off 1420 Birchmount. I thought to two years before, and all the signs and symptoms were the same.
The next time I faced this was in my last year of university. Two years later. Each time, six months.

Now it is summer. I can feel it creeping in again. By fall, just in time for my birthday, it will hit full force again.

On July 30th, what I knew all along was made official. Eighteen is the new number that defines me. By September, I can almost guarantee the new number will be between 25 and 28.

It's funny, because I've lived with this for so long, it just seems normal. I can't imagine life not being like this, but I hear that "normal" life is far different. Maybe one day I'll experience "normal".

"Weeping may tarry for the night,
but joy comes with the morning."

1 commentaires:

Jess Versteeg a dit...

I'm sorry Lydia :(