lundi, octobre 06, 2008

sad sad day!

Okay, so yesterday, I found this AMAZING coffee shop that will soon become the coffee shop of my dreams.

I mean, they have BARBECUE TOFU WRAPS! Like, how ME is that?

Swoon. ♥

But when I went there today, I found out that it's closed on Mondays until 6pm!!!!!!

TRAGEDY!

So, I meandered around, trying to find a coffee shop. I found one and went in, but the vibe was ALL wrong. But you know, when you step into an empty coffee shop and the barista sees you, it's like you've committed to staying. If you're with people, you can be a bit more bold and leave, but if not.... it's over. You've committed.

Anyways, there I was, stuck and hungry; i hadn't eaten breakfast because I was so excited to eat a barbecue tofu wrap. So I ordered an allongé and a turkey sandwich (oh, so far off from a barbecue tofu wrap). I tried to get onto their free wifi, but it didn't work. The place had a strange vibe, and all the people there were old or TOO hippie for my taste. And it takes a lot for me to say the words too hippie. ( I also realized that I don't really like coffee shops with red and black walls).

I decided that I could not possibly spend 3 hours of my life in that hole, so I ate as fast as possible and continued my search for a place to work.

Luckily, I found a place down the street. It's full service, which means I'll have to pay a tip, but it's Illy coffee, and the wifi works.

I'm still mourning the closedness of my dream coffee shop, but there'll be another day for that. Someday.

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

Ok, it took me awhile to figure out that TODAY is Monday (I wasn't on campus all day - it was a staff meeting day, and then I had support stuff to do).

Anyways, I wanted to say the folloing:

You REALLY need to learn how to say "no" to people! Boundaries, girl - boundaries! That will empower you to walk out of a coffee shop when you need/want to.

For example, you could have walked in, realized it wasn't a place for you, and then made eye contact with the staff there and smiled and said something like, "thanks!" or "oops, sorry!" as you walked out.

Everyone leaves happy.

(ok, you're the only one leaving. And maybe they won't be happy, but they wouldn't/shouldln't be unhappy, either. And if they are, they need to deal with that)

Kirsten a dit...

Illy! You are blessed!