vendredi, juin 19, 2009

another reason why i like s.f. (he told me to title this blog: why other girls lost out.)

Today, s.f. spent 5 hours on the phone with my cell phone provider for me.

5 hours !

i spent 5 minutes on the phone with the customer relations guy near the end of s.f.'s 5 hours, and i thought i would punch said customer relations guy through the phone.

The story is far too long to tell, but it involves countless hours on the phone with said company. i'd estimate (including today's phone call) it involves at least 8-9 hours of calls. Shelly calls it a saga. i'd say..it is an EPIC saga. They sold me a plan that wouldn't work unless i purchased data. Why would you sell a customer a plan if they can't even use it unless they spend MORE money?

SCAMS.

But, of course, s.f. is more of a rockstar than those scammers. He managed to get me an amazing deal!! A steal of a deal! A deal that is even better than his plan! So, my plan went from being almost $100/month without data, to....

250 day time minutes
unltd eve (starting at 8) & weekends
unltd incoming calls, unltd texts + MMS
call display, who called
visual voicemail
500MB data

all for $42.

Oh, and they gave me $150 in credit too.

***
S.F. is such a great and caring rockstar. AND he is like kevin spacey in 'the negotiator'.

i think i like him.

7 commentaires:

Unknown a dit...

yay sf :)

Anonyme a dit...

Wow, I never expected a man that quiet to have such a fierce negotiating side.

Good job, s.f.

Samuel a dit...

More like $150! And the $42 includes all the Systems Access fees too!

Title of your blog should be "Why all other girls lost out!"

shellieos a dit...

Remember...to get him to call me if you ever dump him. ;P

Jill a dit...

haha, that's amazing monthly phone plan! 5 hours is pretty impressive. yikes, haggling with phone companies is worse than bargaining at a market.

Jess Versteeg a dit...

Um. I need in on this Rogers action. I think you should commission Sam to write an article on how to be relentless in negotiating... PLEASEEE

Sid S. a dit...

that's a pretty good plan, if i may say so. can i borrow him for a day or something?