mardi, septembre 23, 2003

I'm still SOOOO not used to this lack of a car. I miss Betty ( my '86 standard corolla)...i mean she wasn't beautiful or anything...but she was definitely an old friend. Good for getting places. I WANT A MOPED!!!!!!!!!!!!! Actually i want the 2003 Honda Jazz ( or Metropolitan..for all the americans out there). Everyone here drives mopeds. I hate walking. I'm such a lazy fart. Today I took the TTC 1 stop..just so i would eliminate 15 minutes of walking.

Is this why our global society is more and more becoming comprised of corpulent farts like me? Everything has become automated. Gone are the days of CRAZY FUN standard driving ( except for car nuts like me..who recognize that driving standard is WAY better than driving automatic), manual "wind-down" windows, walking, and snail mail. In their places are pieces of "smart" machinery that does our jobs for us. No wonder most of us have nothing better to do than go to mickey dees, eat 20 nuggets and get fat. * innocent look*o(^-^)oWe create machines to exercise on...instead of exercising in the outdoors. How many kids go outside to play..how many children ( myself included) dance in the rain, play with mud, draw on the sidewalks with stones?

The information revolution has created a breed of soggy, sleepy, corpulent beasts. I fear that I am one of them ?????

0 commentaires: