samedi, novembre 05, 2005

OKAY... so i have to write about the CRAZIEST fun thing i've ever done....

so all my life i've been a pretty steady (another word for...BORING) person.. i never really get into trouble (with the exception of driving the car into the garage wall while my parents weren't home when i hadn't gotten my license yet...) and i never do anything SUPER crazy and out of the blue.

So, on thanksgiving weekend when my friend Andrew told me him and a group of people were going skydiving, it sparked some interest. Skydiving has always been on my list of things to do--but i never thought i'd ACTUALLY pluck up the courage to jump out of a plane. Anyways, i told my friend Priyanka about it..and we decided to GO!!!!

Three weeks ago, we went and took the training, but were really disappointed that we couldn't jump (it was WAY too windy)...SO....we went back..today..and did the jump!!!!!!!!!! OH MAN, it was AMAZING let me tell you.

I'll start from the beginning. They told us today, that we'd be jumping from a different plane. So instead of sitting and jumping out of the door, in this plane we used today, we actually had to CLIMB out of the plane, and hang onto the wing strut...imagine me hanging onto the plane in a superman position. i was pretty terrified of doing that!! i mean...CLIMBING OUT OF A MOVING PLANE IN THE AIR??? hahaha.

After they trained us, we watched some pros jump a couple of times, and then we geared up...and got into the tiny plane!!! On our way up to altitude, it was pretty funny..because Andrew, Pri and I felt SO at peace. Not scared of dying...just filled with peace, knowing that if something did happen to us, we'd go to see our Maker. It was great. First some guy went, then andrew mckenzie, then priyanka (she didn't want to go first or last) and then me. I was apprehensive stepping out of the plane, but as soon as i was hanging onto the wing strut, i felt super confident!! The instructor yelled go, and i let go of the plane..and down down down i went, for 3 seconds..until my parachute opened. From there it was just playing around with my chute (getting out of my line twist) and listening to the radio instructions. Ahh, i can't tell you what it feels like to be falling from a plane at 2000 ft in the air!!! AMAZING. anyways, there's lots more to say, but i'll save my learnings from this experience for another blog. MMM. SO FUN. everyone should go! i'm gonna go AGAIN!!!!! ^_^

(to read more about this..see priyanka's blog... www.livejournal.com/~pri18)

1 commentaires:

Sid S. a dit...

hen hao lydia...

i wanna go 2!!!