jeudi, avril 06, 2006

so i took time today to think about attributes i would want in a future boyfriend/husband... i do this on a semi-regular basis (about once a year)...keeps me grounded. anyways, i always lose my list...so this time i'm blogging it..so that i can't lose it. actually, come to think of it...i remember blogging about this in December (read it HERE)...i remember because i think it was one of the first blogs that "anonymous" commented on. hahaha.

but i'm going to write this out again. i think i have more stuff now...and its in a list format. if y'all have non-negotiables/negotiables that i haven't listed on here, leave a comment ^_^ i've probably forgotten some things :)

Non-Negotiables



  • must have a heart for God-- a mature Christian with a walk similar to mine
  • must be a leader--someone that i can follow ( i know that i have a very strong and dominant personality..and so this is something that is essential.)
  • must be bold
  • must have a heart for the Gospel and the Great Commission (although, this goes hand in hand with a heart for God)
  • must desire to be in full time ministry
  • must ask my dad to date me (on the phone, or with a letter... no email!)
  • my dad must say yes
  • must treat his parents (especially his mum) lovingly and with respect
  • must be authentically humble
  • must be gentle
  • someone who can make me laugh ^_^
  • must understand the role of biblical womanhood and manhood
  • must be loving and tender
  • has a missions statement for his life
  • (must have a heart for francophones *
  • must desire to join staff with Campus Crusade for Christ *)
  • any potential husband MUST be willing to support my parents--this is the chinese custom...and i intend to uphold this custom.

* these may change and fluctuate depending on the Lord's leading.

Negotiables

  • musical (i put this under negotiables..because music is a huge part of my life...but i think about how my dad was not at all musical until he married my mum...THEN he became an awesome singer..haha)
  • a good dresser. (okay, so a BIT superficial..but still... dress for success!! i personally am very fond of preppy (i.e. styles like GAP, AE, Club Monaco)
  • listens to similar music (it would be horrible to be driving somewhere with him and have to listen to rap or screamo...but of course..i would if i loved him!)
  • will watch ballet with me (this is actually VERY close to being a non-negotiable)

having written these things out, i wanted to point out that it isn't just a one way street... if i ever end up in a relationship/marriage... i too will strive to meet these non-negotiables...well, its not as though it begins when i'm in a relationship. i rephrase that. I AM striving to meet these criteria. :) i know they seem immense...but i have these things as a standard, so i won't settle for anything less. likewise, if i do not meet the criteria a guy holds, then he shouldn't settle for me.

anyways, this has been good to think these things through once again.

oh, while i'm at it....lyrics that i LOVE :) Seriously. bethany dillon= amazingly stunning. and all this from a once 15 year old? insane.

For My Love~ Bethany Dillon

Walk towards me
I want to hear
The heavens singing over you
When you breathe
And look at me
I want to be captured by you.

Gaze into my eyes
And let me know you’d fight
Thousands, for my love
Slip your hand in mine
Ask me to dance with you tonight
Just ask me for my love.

I want to hide
What’s deep in my eyes
I’m scared to be known by you.
But when I turn my head
And see you there
I want to be pursued.

Gaze into my eyes
And let me know you’d fight
Thousands, for my love
Slip your hand in mine
Ask me to dance with you tonight
Just ask me for my love

A dream I won’t wake from
A story that will never end
The ground your feet walk on
Let me be there, let me be there

Gaze into my eyes
Let me know you’d fight
Thousands, for my love
Slip your hand in mine
Ask me to dance with you tonight
Just ask me for my love

Gaze into my eyes
Let me know you’d fight
Thousands, for my love
Slip your hand in mine
Ask me to dance with you tonight
Ask me for my love.


1 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

1.) Some good thoughts here. I like "must have a heart for francophones *" and that you have pointed out the similarity between "heart for God" and "heart to share the gospel."

2.) yes, your anonymous friend is quite faithful.

3.) I also think it is cool that you would be a "weaker" or "stronger" sister (as the case may be) on the issue of rap and screamo.

I enjoy the bold posting...

som