samedi, février 24, 2007

because, how would i be able to marry a church-plantin' pastor?

I was sitting down with two wonderful friends tonight, and i attempted to tell them this story. Somehow, i ended up butchering it and making it sound as though i was desperate to find a church-planting-pastor-husband. I blame it on the fact that it was 12:30am, and at this hour of the day, i am hardly a christian (i jest), and no one in their right mind can form anything coherent in spoken form...

Since it fits well with my previous post on decision making, i thought i'd put it up here. Hopefully, at 1am in the morning, my writing is more coherent than my verbal story-telling.

About 2 years ago, i was trying to convince myself that joining staff would not be a good thing. i numbered a page in my journal from one to ten, and sat down to try find 10 reasons why i should not become involved in campus ministry.

I remember having to think hard. This is all i came up with:

"I should not join staff because how would i be able to marry a church-planting pastor?"
(Understand that i have grown up in a denomination with a huge focus on church-planting. It makes the statement seem a bit less peculiar for an 18 year old to be writing in her personal journal, albeit, not much less peculiar.).

Funny enough, less than a year later, a friend on staff with C4C moved to a new country, thinking she would never meet anyone there. She ended up meeting a Caucasian pastor in this small asian country. They got married last year.

It's funny, how even back then, He was preparing me to not worry about the small things, and teaching me to trust him with these things as well as bigger things. What a funny, comical God.

Though a small, silly thing, re-reading that in my old journal makes me realize that though i have doubts about the decision i have made, i need not fear. In time, He will put these fears at ease, just as He did that small silly excuse, two years ago. For those who love God, all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose.

0 commentaires: