samedi, janvier 05, 2008

silence.

It's been months and months of silence. I ask, "Has He forgotten me?"

Somewhere, from deep, I know the answer is no. Does it come from what I've read? From what others have said? Perhaps. But mostly, the answer comes from the faithfulness I have seen over the course of years and years. From history to the present.

Sometimes, I don't want to talk. Sometimes I don't. Sometimes, I do out of obedience. It is the same with listening. The soul, it is dry.

I see miracles in my life. I cry. I know that the soul has not yet withered up. I long for Him. Sometimes Most of the time I am not diligent with my pursuit. I give up a lot. But though I know I cannot FEEL him, He is there. It is something I cannot shake. Ingrained truth.

Reading through my journal, I browsed past this:

"Where are you? Do you even hear me?

Isaiah 35
The wilderness and the dry land
shall be glad;
The desert shall rejoice and blossom
like the crocus;
it shall blossom abundantly
and rejoice with joy and singing.
The glory of Lebanon shall be given to it,
the majesty of Carmel and sharon,
they shall see the glory of the LORD,
the majesty of our God.

Strengthen the weak hands
and make firm the feeble knees.
Say to those who have an anxious heart,
'Be strong; fear not!"
Behold your God
will come with vengeance
with the recompense of God
He will come and save you!'

Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened,
and the ears of the deaf unstopped;
then shall the lame man leap like a deer,
and the tongue of the mute sing for joy.
For waters break forth in the wilderness,
and streams in the desert;
the burning sand shall become a pool,
and the thirsty ground springs of water;
in the haunt of jackals, where they lie down,
the grass shall become reeds and rushes...."

Words that comforted me months ago comfort me now. It is not a depressing desert I travel through, but one of hope. Perhaps He is making me more faithful.

1 commentaires:

selly belly a dit...

LOVE this post! Isaiah 35 is not only the cry of my hope for the physical place I am at but also my hope for myself.
Thanks for sharing that :)